'The Hokianga' threads inland from the Tasman Sea like a long ribbon, fed by seven rivers. The size of the Hokianga surprises most when they learn it is the second largest harbour in New Zealand.
Historical Kohukohu peacefully sits on Hokianga's northern shore, hugging the coastline beneath tree-lined hills.
The Galleria Bed and Breakfast is located 100 metres from the centre of Kohukohu.
Panoramic views of the Hokianga are unobstructed, the mornings have stunning sunrises, while the evening sun lights the view. Both sea birds and forest birds can be viewed from The Galleria.
Everyone is usually greeted by the doorman, Mr Hemingway the resident feline.
New Zealand Geographic featured the Hokianga in 2009:
- Your host is Louisa Geddes, an Australian artist and global traveler who has lived in NZ since 2002.
- The Galleria features a number of artworks by Louisa Geddes, plus has items from her personal collection on display. The Galleria is 100 m from Kohukohu's art gallery.
- The Galleria accommodates maximum of five guests.
- A continental, buffet or à la carte breakfast is available each morning at the property. Ideal for couples.
- Reviews on Booking.com The Galleria a rating of 9.2 out of 10. See more on booking.com here >>